Monday, December 19, 2011

Dreading the Tube

After creating this blog, my next step is to create some youtube videos of my speeches, so that me being a speaker becomes more real.

This is something I dread... It's nerve racking, especially when you feel like you're just talking to yourself. Then you wonder if other people will think you sound as funny as you think you do.

My even bigger problem is trying to find something remotely professional and relevant to wear. Then it's an issue of figuring out just the right background for my camera view... I didn't worry half as much when I sang on stage in my band or nearly as much when I did my talk-radio show. Yet there just seems to be something so much more powerful about putting your whole self out there on a video that may never get seen, or just as terrifying (in a good way) what if the vids become instant hits that go viral and everybody instantly recognizes you?

Am I being weird? Yeah, I am. I know it.

As a soon-to-be motivational speaker, I can already hear all the great speakers I've listened to and read about, going through my head telling me to do it anyways. Courage is what happens when we are afraid of doing something, but do it anyways. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment